[Zope3-Users] Changing Storage to MySQL

Jeffrey Shell eucci.group at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 13:19:02 EST 2005

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 13:02:34 +0200 (SAST), Andreas Pauley
<andreasp+zope at qbcon.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just connected to a MySQL database using mysqldbda.
>
> Are there any Zope3 docs or examples available that will show me how to
> use mysql in a product?
>
> I'd like to (for example) change the messagboard or the buddydemo to use
> mysql instead of ZODB.

You probably want to look at using SQLObject - an object-relational
mapper for Python - and 'sqlos', which is a SQLObject support package
for Zope.

http://codespeak.net/z3/sqlos/

The ZODB and traditional RDBMS usages are quite different. There is no
real concept of SQL for the ZODB. So changing the messageboard or
buddydemo products to use a storage system that maps to tables in a
relational database (the ZODB is an object database) requires using
something that can handle mapping the different constructs. SQLObject
and 'sqlos' look like a good way of doing that.