[Zope3-Users] Functional tests - new_value parameter question

Douglas Douglas replaceafill at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 27 22:35:20 EST 2005

Hello everybody.

I'm trying the examples of the Programmer's Tutorial. I have a question about
the Functional tests part (starting on slide 23).

In my browser.txt file I had:

  [snip]
  ... Referer:
http://localhost:8081/@@contents.html?type_name=BrowserAdd__bookdemo.book.Book
  ... type_name=BrowserAdd__bookdemo.book.Book&new_value=areallylongname""")
  HTTP/1.1 303 ...
  [snip]

Note the "areallylongname" value for the new_value parameter in my request.
The other request to view the values of the new object kept giving me failures
until I changed the name to "bob" (as in the tutorial).

Then, I started to try other names and it seems like the values for the
new_value parameter only accept eight characters.

Is that correct? If it is and it's documented somewhere, could you point me to
an URL where I can read more about it?

Thanks all. Douglas.