[Zope3-Users] browser:addview help needed

Amos Latteier amos at latteier.com
Thu Jan 6 18:45:04 EST 2005

> I'm trying to figure out how to create custom add forms for content
> components that aren't schema-based.
>
> I understand how to use the browser:addform and browser:addMenuItem
> directives. How do I create add forms and actions for non-schema content?

It turns out that you don't need to use browser:addform at all. Instead
you can simply create your add form and action pages using browser:page
or browser:pages. Set them to be used for
zope.app.container.interfaces.IAdding, and use a browser:menuItem to
register the form with the add menu and all is well.

I still don't know how browser:addview works, but I don't care now ;-)

-Amos