[Zope3-Users] Contained File object

Tom Dossis td at yoma.com.au
Tue Jan 18 13:01:10 EST 2005

Dominik Huber wrote:
> The container framework does not require mandatory ILocation or
> IContained for its containment. In absent of ILocation or IContained a
> contained proxy is used (comparable to zope 2's context wrappers) to
> provided
> IContained. (See ../src/zope/app/container/contained.py -> function
> containedEvent())

That's it - thank you.

I seem to be getting caught out by the 'fine print' trying to create
objects.  I presumed zapi.createObject and zapi.add would take care of
the details, but I don't think this is the case (yet)?  Currently I
follow a quite explicit recipe along the lines...

createObject:
     ob = factory(..)
     notify(ObjectCreatedEvent(..))
     return ob

add:
     chooseAndCheckName(name, ob, container)
     checkConstraintsFor(ob, container, name)
     container[name] = ob
     return container[name] # or return ob if IContained