[Zope3-Users] Re: Renaming and OrderedContainer

Garrett Smith garrett at mojave-corp.com
Mon Jan 31 13:54:52 EST 2005

jürgen Kartnaller wrote:
> My question is now : (for my understanding of adapters)
>
> Is an adapter allowed to do everything on the class it adapts ?
> I mean, should it only use the interface of that class or is it
> allowed to use internals of the class ?
> I did it in my adapter to directly access _order in OrderedContainer.

By default, adapters are for security-proxied objects. An adapter can
get access to an unproxied object if it's configure as 'trusted':

  <adapter trusted="true" factory="Foo" ... />

You'll in turn have to declare permissions for the trusted adapter
class:

  <class class="Foo">
    <require
      permission="zope.ManageContent"