[Zope3-Users] WYSIWYG editing of HTML

Gary Poster gary at zope.com
Mon Jul 11 22:09:08 EDT 2005

On Jul 11, 2005, at 9:35 PM, Pupeno wrote:

> Hello,
> I am new to Zope 3, I am reading the book, I am on chapter 15 (just
> finished)
> and I am definitly going to use a WYSIWYG HTML widget and field on the
> systems I am going to do.
> Is anybody working on that ? Is there anyone that is likely to
> become the
> standard Zope 3 WYSIWYG HTML widget ?
> If not' I'll pick one that I like and I'll try to Zopeise it.

My main desire is that the widget allow multiple instances on the
same page.  http://mjablonski.zope.de/Epoz (a Zope 2 WYSIWYG)
recently got that feature.  http://kupu.oscom.org/ has had it for a
bit longer.    Zope 2 has both of these choices, for developers with
differing tastes.  I'd love for Zope 3 to have both choices as well.
Choose the one that appeals to your style more, I'd say, and run with
it!

There are other HTML WYSIWYG editors out there--http://
www.dynarch.com/projects/htmlarea/ for instance--but Zope has
centered around the two I mentioned first.

Gary