[Zope3-Users] Installation Erros

Tim Cook twcook at shaw.ca
Thu Jul 14 16:56:10 EDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-07-09 at 09:49 -0400, Tim Peters wrote:
> [Tim Cook]
> > Installing Zope-3.1.0b1 on Fedora Core 4
> >
> > gcc (GCC) 4.0.0 20050519 (Red Hat 4.0.0-8)

> This is the only interesting part.  It might help if you posted again,
> skipping all the compiler warnings (which aren't interesting), and
> gave the full output from `make check`.

Hi All,

I finally had a chance to look at this again.  The results are
in a text file on Zope.org. (it was too large to post to the list)
http://www.zope.org/Members/tcook/check_results
I'm not sure how soon it will be published.

The problem is that there are several source files that end in .p instead of .py.

My first clue was the first lines that said these tests weren't
packages.  I thought someone just forgot the init files.  Nope, they
were there, just missing a y in the filename.

There are also misnamed .html and .stx files.  Same problem, dropped
last character.

I checked the archive (Zope-3.1.0b1.tgz) and the files are misnamed in
there.

Obviously someone needs to create a new Linux distribution, eh! <g>

Cheers,
--
Tim Cook