[Zope3-Users] Pluggable Authentication and SessionCredentialsPlugin

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Fri Jul 15 14:08:52 EDT 2005

On Thursday 23 June 2005 21:52, Darryl Cousins wrote:
> and as such has **no getLogin method**.

This is correct. zope.security.interfaces.IPrincipal does nto specify a
"getLogin()" method.

> I would have expected it to provide InternalPrincipal as it appears to
> in default/PluggableAuthenticatin/principals/testuser/@@introspector

No, the InternalPrincipal is only the data container. A principal is always
generated for each request. This is a new paradigm in the authentication
code.

> Any suggestions?

Why do you need getLogin? The id or title of the principal are commonly
available. The login name is usually protected information.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter