[Zope3-Users] Ordered list of sub objects

Johan Carlsson johanc at easypublisher.com
Sat Jul 16 07:26:21 EDT 2005

Stephan Richter wrote:

> You definitely have to write a custom container. In your case I would suggest
> providing an attribute on your container that is also a container and holds
> all those objects that you want to manage via another process.

Thanks for the input.

I'm thinking about implementing a container that would be configurable
through ZCML (would that be configured by assigning interfaces?)
The container would support options to use filters, automatic naming and
order support.

But for now I will probably implement either a custom field or a custom
dedicated interface.

> It would have been much clearer, if you would have provided a full use case
> instead of talking about it abstractly.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, here's the use cases:

- User choose (content) type and adds to a list
- User selects and deletes type items
- User selects and moves items in order (up. down, top, bottom)
- User views all of the content items.
- User changes some or all content items and saves changes.

- Plus the use cases for IFolder

 From that I realized that the items are unnamed, I other words need to
get a name assigned to it when added.

Regards,
Johan

--
Johan Carlsson          Tel: + 46 8 31 24 94
Colliberty              Mob: + 46 70 558 25 24
Torsgatan 72            Email: johanc at easypublisher.com
SE-113 37 STOCKHOLM