[Zope3-Users] date formatting and dc object created datetime

Alen Stanisic alens at mbase.com.au
Tue Jun 28 01:11:01 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I have a Date schema field and I would like to control the formatting of
the Date widget input field. The default format seems to be something
like yyyy/mm/dd but I need the Australian format dd/mm/yyyy. Could I
maybe set the format in a page template or the configure.zcml (I tried
the widget zcml directive without much luck).  I understand that this
should somehow be handled using locale settings but my understanding of
this stuff is still very basic.

I also noticed that my dc datetime (eg. created) fields are stored in
UTC. I guess this is how it should be in which case any time I need to
display the fields I need to convert to appropriate time zone.  Is this
thinking correct or is there maybe a way to tell the zope server what
it's time zone is?

I am running ZopeX3.

Thanks
Alen