[Zope3-Users] zope.app.component.tests.test_site.py doctests failing

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 12:11:26 EST 2005

[Sven Schomaker]
> Since I didn't know any better I checked out the tests located
> in zope.app.component and they also fail giving the following
> output:
>
> python2.3 test_site.py
> .....F

You're trying to run test_site.py directly while the current directory
is src/zope/app/component?  Hmm.  I wouldn't expect that to work.

> FAIL: Doctest: site.txt

If you only want to run the zope.app.component tests, the intended way
to do that is from the root of your Zope3 checkout, going thru the
all-purpose test.py driver.  Like so (this is on Windows, so will look
a little different):

C:\Code\Zope3>\python23\python.exe test.py -vvu --dir src\zope\app\component
Configuration file found.
Running UNIT tests at level 1
Running UNIT tests from C:\Code\Zope3
test_changing_next (zope.app.component.tests.test_adapter) ... ok
test_local_adapter (zope.app.component.tests.test_adapter) ... ok
... [much deleted] ...
test_set_w_bogus_value
(zope.app.component.tests.test_site.SiteManagerContainerTest) ... ok
C:\Code\Zope3\src\zope\app\component\tests\..\site.txt ... ok

Ran 289 tests in 3.656s

OK

> Is this a failure on my side or is there a problem with the trunk?

All the trunk tests passed earlier today on Windows.  I see the same
kind of failure you see if I try running test_site.py directly from
src\zope\app\component\, but AFAIK test_site.py isn't intended to be
run on its own.