[Zope3-Users] Re: searching in ZODB

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Fri Mar 25 12:34:57 EST 2005

Roman Roelofsen wrote:
> Hi!
>
> In my app I have two content components. Company and employee. A company is
> the container for the employees. In my zodb there are, for example, 10
> companies and each of them has 5 employees.
>
> Now I want to ...
> 1. ... fetch all of the employees independent of the company and
> 2. ... query companies or employees with attribute conditions.
>
> Which API must I use? Are there any docs I can read?

What you want is a catalog in which all of your objects are indexed.
Zope 2 has such a catalog, Zope X3.1 will introduce such a thing to the
Zope 3 line. Alternatively, you could try using Zemantic, an alternate
catalog implementation based on RDF/Semantic Web (http://zemantic.org)
on X3.0 now.

Philipp