[Zope3-Users] Back in z3 business

rr at nederhoed.com rr at nederhoed.com
Mon May 16 16:13:44 EDT 2005

Hello again,

First I would like to apologize for my somewhat negative previous e-mail.
Thank you for your reactions, Andreas, Darryl, Derrick and Jim. Next time I will
add traceback info to my question. And next time I will take a break when I'm
stuck.

After a good night of sleep I took a fresh approach. Starting with a minimal
content object and working through the skin example from Philipp's book. Worked
fine. I did not dare to start on the container part, but there are enough other
exercises for me to complete first.

My mistake was to read the book intensively without enough practical training.
And this weekend, expected to be able to realize an intermediate feature: a
custom container.
Today I realized, I'm a novice :)

But, with a slight workaround, I succeeded in creating my own skin and 2 custom
views for an ImageFolder and my content object. Enough to create a simple
online catalogue.

I realize this list is not intended for personal frustration. Next time I will
make sure my input will be more constructive.

Alas, good night from Amsterdam, Robert-Reinder