[Zope3-Users] Probably the dumbest question I have ever asked: Can an object be in more than one place?

Alec Munro alecmunro at gmail.com
Fri May 27 14:55:40 EDT 2005

Hi List,

I think I've been working with Zope2 in a TTW manner for too long.

Is it possible to reference an object in two places? I am guilty of
thinking that not using a relational database would make it difficult
to reference and object in more than one place.
In my case, I have a collection of medications, and a collection of patients.
I would like to have the medications a patient is taking as a property
of that patient.
I was originally thinking that I would have to make a copy of the
given medication and store that copy as a property of the patient.
However, it really seems as if it would be sufficient to simply assign
the medication directly as a property of the patient. For some reason
this concept seemed impossible to me a couple days ago, but seems like
the obvious solution now.

Assuming it is possible, what are the risks/restrictions to it?

I really haven't got the chance to think this out very much, so any
suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks for any help!

Alec Munro