[Zope3-Users] PAU and Session Credentials

Sun Nov 20 16:57:03 EST 2005

Hello,
I've created and registered a PluggableAuthentication in my site. I've added
two plugins: PrincipalFolder and SessionCredentialsPlugin and registered
both. I've configured the PAU to use these plugins. In the principal folder
I've created a Principal. I've also created a loginForm.html that looks like
that:

<form method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data" tal:attributes="action
request/camefrom">

  <input class="textType" id="login" name="login" size="20" type="text" />
  <input class="textType" id="password" name="password" size="20"
type="password" />

  <input type="submit" name="SUBMIT" />

</form>

If I try to call a page which reguired a specific permission the loginForm
comes up. But when I enter the login and password of the Principal in the
Principal Folder or a the manager principal defined on creation of the
instance I just get redirected to the login page again. This now was the
behavior before a played around with the PAU a bit now it has changed to a
system error:

TraversalError: (Principal(u'pre1'), 'getLogin')

The error log information of the user:

User:  unauthenticated, pre1, CS.User,

pre is the prefix of my principal folder (BTW: what is the sense of this
prefix), 1 is the object id of my test principal, CS.User the role of the
principal.

I've been stepping in the session credentials plugin code and I see that the
login and password date is extracted correctly.

Somehow I'm still confused how everything is supposed to work...

Thanks,

Florian