[Zope3-Users] Re: need guidance

Derrick Hudson dman at dman13.dyndns.org
Wed Nov 30 14:39:02 EST 2005

On Wed, Nov 30, 2005 at 01:25:57PM -0600, Brad Allen wrote:
| At 7:55 AM -0500 11/30/05, Stephan Richter wrote:
| >We are currently not supporting TTW development. Thus, in Zope 3 you cannot
| >>develop templates TTW well yet.
|
| Ok, that alters my plans somewhat. But I can still have end
| user contribute/edit content within the ZMI, right?

Of course users can contribute content.  Don't confuse content with
content type.  The type involves coding and extending the
functionality of the base system.  Content itself is basically just
text.  Content is the same as 'data'.  What users can't contribute,
because TTW isn't well supported, is code and behavior.  The
developers will produce the code and implement all the needed
behavior, then the users will produce the content.

| Maybe a ZPT component just isn't the right choice for that.
|
| I will see if I can get Zwiki installed and running sometime today.
| Maybe that will provide a more appropriate content component
| for end users.

It is if you are looking for the dynamic that a wiki provides.

HTH,
-D

--
> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0