[Zope3-Users] zcml grants for plugin-auth'ed principals?

Dylan Reinhardt dylanreinhardt at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 10:45:34 EDT 2005

On 10/8/05, Stephan Richter <srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu> wrote:
> On Thursday 06 October 2005 18:19, Dylan Reinhardt wrote:
> > I'm using an ldap auth source for my principals and have been
> > assigning roles & permissions TTW. This all works great, but I'd
> > really like to manage it in ZCML longer-term.
> >
> > The obvious difficulty I'm having is that my ldap users don't exist at
> > the point where the ZCML is being loaded in. Has anyone devised a
> > work-around for this?
>
> Why do you want to do this?

For largely the same reasons (I assume) that Zope 3 favors filesystem
configuration over TTW configuration: such settings are easier to
control, inspect, back up, change, replicate, version, stage, etc.

> ZCML is meant for bootstrapping

Yes... that's the only thing I've been able to use it for.  Good to
know that reflects a design choice and not a lack of insight on my
part.   :-)

Sounds like ZCML isn't the right mechanism for what I want to do.
Probably, I'll just hack out a config file format and write a quick
script to (re)grant permissions on a live system.

Thanks for the info,

Dylan