[Zope3-Users] How to configure effective user ..

Tim Harder tharder at burnham.org
Tue Oct 18 09:20:51 EDT 2005

Hi,

Yes, it more a daemon configuration question. I'll check out
daemontools, thanks.
In Zope 2 there is this setting called effective_user (in zope.conf). It
allows the admin to configure a username or guid of a user. The zope
server process will then run with this users rights.

By the way. Is Zope 3 considered to be a stable release to be used for
productive enviroment? I understand it is a stable release (at least
it's what it is called at zope.org), but development does not seem to be
finished?
Or in other terms, shall I develop new applications with Zope3 or stick
to Zope2 for another couple of month?

Thanks for your help
Tim