[Zope3-Users] catalog woes

Pete Taylor baldtrol at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 13:15:53 EDT 2005

Hi all,
on a fresh install of zope3.1final, and then again when running from the
latest update out of the Trunk, I end up with the following when I attempt
to register a catalog:

ComponentLookupError: (<InterfaceClass zope.app.intid.interfaces.IIntIds>,
'')

the relevant portion of the traceback is:

 Module zope.tales.tales, line 695, in evaluate
    return expression(self)
   - /home/jtaylor/zopetrunk/Zope3/src/zope/app/form/browser/add.pt
   - Line 19, Column 8
   - Expression: <PathExpr standard:u'view/update'>
   - Names:
      {'args': (),
       'context': <zope.app.catalog.catalog.Catalog object at 0xb39d33ac>,
       'default': <object object at 0xb7f9b540>,
       'loop': {},
       'nothing': None,
       'options': {},
       'repeat': {},
       'request': <zope.publisher.browser.BrowserRequest instance
URL=http://localhost:8080/++etc++site/default/SiteCatalog/addRegistration.html>,
       'template':
<zope.app.pagetemplate.viewpagetemplatefile.ViewPageTemplateFile
object at 0xb69feaac>,
       'usage': <zope.pagetemplate.pagetemplate.TemplateUsage object
at 0xb394e8ec>,
       'view': <zope.app.pagetemplate.simpleviewclass.SimpleViewClass
from add.pt <http://add.pt> object at 0xb394ea2c>,
       'views': <zope.app.pagetemplate.viewpagetemplatefile.ViewMapper
object at 0xb3956e8c>}
  Module zope.tales.expressions, line 204, in __call__
    return self._eval(econtext)
  Module zope.tales.expressions, line 198, in _eval
    return ob()
  Module zope.app.form.browser.add, line 62, in update
    self.createAndAdd(data)
  Module zope.app.form.browser.add, line 127, in createAndAdd
    notify(ObjectModifiedEvent(content, description))
  Module zope.event, line 23, in notify
    subscriber(event)
  Module zope.app.event.dispatching, line 66, in dispatch
    for ignored in subscribers(event, None):
  Module zope.component, line 181, in subscribers
    return sitemanager.subscribers(objects, interface)
  Module zope.component.site, line 89, in subscribers
    return self.adapters.subscribers(required, provided)
  Module zope.interface.adapter, line 487, in subscribers
    subscribers = [subscription(*objects)
  Module zope.app.catalog.catalog, line 144, in reindexDocSubscriber
    id = zapi.getUtility(IIntIds, context=cat).queryId(ob)
  Module zope.component, line 257, in getUtility
    raise ComponentLookupError(interface, name)
ComponentLookupError: (<InterfaceClass zope.app.intid.interfaces.IIntIds>, '')

I saw a similar post to this on the zope3-users list in sept sometime,
but I wasn't working with catalogs then, so it didn't really stick out
to me.
url to the post is here
<http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope3-users/2005-September/001073.html>.
 not exactly the same issue I'm running into, but close.

Thanks!
Pete