[Zope3-Users] Re: apache

Pete Taylor baldtrol at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 11:15:43 EDT 2005

just as a followup, Benji helped me fix the rewrite issue I was having
before.  If anyone else comes across the same issue, a workaround is
to do the following:

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerAdmin jtaylor at thig.com
    ErrorLog logs/fcwkstn.thig.com-error_log
    CustomLog logs/fcwkstn.thig.com-access_log common
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteRule ^/<site>/(.*css|.*png|.*js) \
http://<server_name>:8080/++vh++http:<server_name>:80/++/$1 \
[P,L]
    RewriteRule ^/<site>(/?.*) \
http://<server_name>:8080/<site>/++vh++http:localhost:80/<site>/++$1 \
[P,L]
</VirtualHost>

this should first redirect all browser:resource stuff (well, the css,
png, and js since that's all i've got... you can add others) to a
resource path that zope can traverse correctly.  then it will redirect
all site content as you'd expect, based on the second match rule.  I
haven't tried it with the rewrite rules in the other order, but I'd
imagine apache matches rules in the order they're given, and i'm too
lazy to troubleshoot things that i can forestall from happening in the
first place ;)

Thanks to everyone on zope3-dev for always listening to my questions,
and offering solutions.  Thanks esp to Benji on this one for the
suggestion.

Pete