[Zope3-Users] How to publicly add object to Zope component

Martin Margo mmargo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 14:59:44 EDT 2005

Hello

This is my first post. I am working on a Zope3 project in which
anonymous user /zope.anybody should be able to add objects (register
for a conference) themselves but should not be able to view or edit
them once their added (with exception of a confirmation page and
email).

My problem is, using ZMI's localhost:8080/+/AddConferenceGoer.html=
always prompt me for a username and password

below is my browser/configure.zcml

  <browser:addMenuItem
    title="Conference goer"
    class="isw.ConferenceGoer.ConferenceGoer"
    permission="zope.Public"
    view="AddConferenceGoer.html"

  />

  <browser:addform
    schema="isw.ConferenceGoer.IConferenceGoer"
    content_factory="isw.ConfenceGoer.ConferenceGoer"
    label="Add a Conference Goer"
    name="AddConferenceGoer.html"
    permission="zope.Public"
    set_before_add="name"
  />

How do I make <site>/+/AddConferenceGoer.html= publicly available
without being prompted for a password? Is there a configuration file
somewhere I can set this up?

Another point: I have tried granting zope.anybody Zope.ManageContent
permission and <site>/+/AddConferenceGoer.html is now available but
the user can manipulate the URL to go in and modify other people's
info. How do I separate the permission to edit object and one to add
object? Thanks in advance

Martin