[Zope3-Users] Object Name field on addforms

Sun Sep 11 09:04:23 EDT 2005

Hello
the auto generated add forms sometimes dispaly a field for the Object Name.

add.pt

               &nbsp;&nbsp;<b i18n:translate="">Object Name</b>&nbsp;&nbsp;
              <input type='text' name='add_input_name'
                     tal:attributes="value context/contentName" />

This is depended if the container implements IContainerNamesContainer:

app.py

    def nameAllowed(self):
        """Return whether names can be input by the user."""
        return not IContainerNamesContainer.providedBy(self.context)

I have a Container (implementing IContainer, Interface (via Interface
inheritance) and via ZCML IAttributeAnnotatable and IContentContainer.

On the auto-generated addform in my layer the Object Name is not shown. Why?

Thanks,

Florian