[Zope3-Users] ZODB storage ways

Reinhold Strobl reinhold.strobl at gmx.net
Mon Apr 3 12:10:51 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am searching for a way to change transparently the storage of ZODB from
file-base to a relational database. In general, Zope books state, that this is
possible.

But the reality is different, isn't it? Ok, I found packages like sqlos, but all
in all this solutions:
- require modification of the code: like sqlos, that requires components to
inherit from SQLOS
- or loose the transparency by direct code access to databases.

I mean, are there no possiblities of integration of relational database, so that
the code leaves unchanged (as the standard way for persistence in Zope X3)???

Thanks a lot,