[Zope3-Users] Zope3 as a package

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Wed Apr 5 08:18:38 EDT 2006

Hi. I am interested in Z3 for a desktop app and would be looking at
using py2exe and py2app for packaging along with the gui and its
functionality. It seems at the outset this might be sort of messy since
Zope typically expects to live somewhere other than site-packages at the
outset and then has its own packages to deal with.

I am not really sure if this is an issue since the packaging apps should
probably still gather up anything that involves an import and do the
right thing. I am curious to know whether Zope's packaging will
eventually change to be like other things python (and other frameworks
like TurboGears or Django) in this regard that are happy to live in
site-packages.

In any case, hopefully there is somone that can comment on packaging an
app with Zope3 and/or future packaging efforts for Zope in general. Many
thanks.

Regards,
David