[Zope3-Users] Beyond ICatalog.searchResults

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Thu Apr 13 13:09:50 EDT 2006

Mohsen Moeeni wrote:
> Looking at ICatalog interface, I could not figure out
> how can I request some simple and common operations
> from my catalog.
>
> - Sorting on a field index.
>
> - Returning the first N-th results (Hopefully without
>   awakening all catalog records - if that makes any sense)
>
> - Defining an index which indexes an objects interfaces
>    i.e the output of interface.implemntedBy(ob)

While it does none of these things, you may want to take a look at the
hurry.query library anyway, as it defines at least a better way (in my
opinion) to query the catalog. Contributions would also be welcome, of
course. :)

The hurry library can be found here:

http://codespeak.net/svn/z3/hurry/trunk/

The query part is here: