[Zope3-Users] Understanding authentication

Achim Domma domma at procoders.net
Sat Apr 15 15:28:38 EDT 2006

Hi,

I have created a folder "main" below [top] and converted it into a site.
I added a PAU to the site management folder and a Principal Folder to
the PAU. I registered all utilities.

Then I created a new principal "demo1" and after that a new subfolder
below "main". I switched to the subfolder and granted management and
view permissions to "demo1".

But I'm not able to login as "demo1"!? If I add "Session Credentials"
utility to the PAU, I get an endless loop which tries to redirect to a
login.htm. Using "Zope Real Basic-Auth" the login simply fails.

Is there a simple example on how to setup a sub-site with a PAU and to
allow login to a principal from this PAU.

regards,
Achim