[Zope3-Users] Sending data to widgets

Frank Burkhardt fbo2 at gmx.net
Tue Apr 18 08:50:26 EDT 2006

Hi,

I need to send some data from a view class to all widgets that are
used in the form. Unfortunately some of the widget that need to receive those
data are contained e.g. in lists or dictionaries.

I tried to do somthing like this:

 request._data=somedata

My view class would add 'somedata' to the request and all the widget would be able
to use it.

But the the BrowserRequest doesn't like to be modified. It there a chance to
transport data throught the request object without modifying the depth
of the zope core?

Maybe there's a way for widgets to access the view class directly?

Regards,

Frank