[Zope3-Users] Re: Can't build Zope on OS X

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Tue Apr 18 13:05:05 EDT 2006

Eric Williams wrote:
> Hi all. I’m having trouble building Zope on OS X. I’ve searched all over
> for a solution but could not find anything. Any help is much appreciated!

[lots of stuff snipped]

Seems to mee like you were using MacPython 2.4.3. According to
http://bob.pythonmac.org/archives/2006/04/10/python-and-universal-binaries-on-mac-os-x/,
it's not only a fork of the official Python 2.4.3, it also requires
special precautions when building extensions (some SDK installed, etc.).

Try again with the regular Python distro, either compiled from source or
from darwinports or so.

Philipp