[Zope3-Users] Mac OS X Installer for Zope 3.2.1

Kamal Gill kamal.gill at adaptivewave.com
Fri Apr 21 01:17:33 EDT 2006

Guys,

I've built a Zope 3.2.1 installer for Mac OS X.  It's a PowerPC
build, and I've tested it fairly thoroughly on my 10.4 box.  However,
before I build the Intel version of the installer, I'd like to have
at least a few more eyes look at it and offer some feedback.

The installer was built with security in mind, as it 1) creates a
Zope instance during the install with a random generated password,
stored as a SHA1 hash, and 2) runs Zope as an unprivileged OS X user
account ('zope3').

I've also built in readline support (normally missing on OS X) in
Python 2.4.3, bundled with the installer.

My hope is to eventually land the link to the installer at http://
www.zope.org/Products/Zope3/3.2.1 , and I'd like to see a windows
installer available there as well (--although I have no clue how to
build a win32 Zope 3.2.1 installer).

IMHO, the availability of platform-specific installers plays a
pivotal role in spreading the adoption of a software product (or, in
this case, a framework), especially an open-source one.

If you have access to a Mac OS 10.4 PPC box, feel free to download
the installer at...
http://www.zope.org/Members/kamalgill/Zope-3.2.1-Installer-OSX-
PPC_build2006041702.zip/file_view

Cheers,