[Zope3-Users] Integrating text indexing engine into Zope 3

Achim Domma domma at procoders.net
Fri Apr 28 08:29:51 EDT 2006

Hi,

I want to integrate support for a specialized text indexing engine into
Zope 3. The engine is able to provide documents which are "similar" to a
reference document.

First I had a look at ICatalog, but IInjection seems to be the way to
go. Could somebody give me a high level overview on how to use /
implement these interfaces?

I currently think about the following steps:

- Implement the index as local utility.
- Define an interface IMyStorageDocument for documents to be stored in
my index.
- Capture somehow if objects are created or deleted. Check if the object
can be adapted to IMyStorageDocument. If yes, store it in the index or
remove it.

Clients then only have to implement an adapter for documents which
should be indexed. To search for documents one could access the index as
local utility.

I'm still a Zope beginner and would be happy to have some guidance into
the right direction.

regards,
Achim