[Zope3-Users] Re: zalchemy integration

Jeff Shell eucci.group at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 15:24:31 EDT 2006

On 8/14/06, Stephan Richter <srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu> wrote:
> On Monday 14 August 2006 01:00, Jeff Shell wrote:
> > If things slow down... uhm, ever... for us, I'd like to see if I can
> > get us to open up some of the more generic toolkits we've built up in
> > recent months, as they've been very empowering.
>
> You should really do this as you code. Not only do you help out the
> community, but also yourself, since people will be using the code and
> make enhancements and help maintaining the code. Further, we are all
> not duplicating the same stuff.

A lot of these are difficult to extract from customer libraries or
dependencies on toolkits (also built up internally) that we may not
really have license to re-distribute. I know it's probably possible to
extricate all of these, but it requires time which is a precious
precious precious resource around here lately.

I really admire people who share their work because there is a lot of
work involved, at least in the initial sharing.

> Lovely Systems, Roger and I have all been in agreement to publish generic
> components as we go; if you are subscribed to all check-in messages, you
> probably saw already a bunch of packages landing in the z3c and lovely
> namespace. We have tasks setup for this week to open/publish even more
> packages and extensions.

Heh. This past weekend was the first time I actually even got to look
in the direction of the zope3-dev and zope3-users lists in two or
three months! And those are the only Zope lists I'm subscribed to.
Somwhere between working, walking the dog, and sleeping, my life has
disappeared. :\

--
Jeff Shell