[Zope3-Users] z3c vs. the zorg

Benji York benji at zope.com
Thu Aug 24 16:54:59 EDT 2006

Stephan's ZSCP proposal suggests using the package name "z3c" for
"community" packages.  IOW, packages that aren't part of a larger
collection like lovely.*, zc.*, etc..  There are currently several z3c
packages in existence.

The zope3.org packages currently use the package name "zorg".  I
personally (and at least a couple other people feel the same way) like
zorg better than z3c.  I'd like to propose that zorg become the name
space package for otherwise homeless modules/packages.

(In fairness, I'll note that Stephan likes z3c better, and that name is
already in semi-wide-spread use).
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer