[Zope3-Users] z3c vs. the zorg

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Fri Aug 25 06:35:48 EDT 2006

Benji York wrote:
> Stephan's ZSCP proposal suggests using the package name "z3c" for
> "community" packages.  IOW, packages that aren't part of a larger
> collection like lovely.*, zc.*, etc..  There are currently several z3c
> packages in existence.
>
> The zope3.org packages currently use the package name "zorg".  I
> personally (and at least a couple other people feel the same way) like
> zorg better than z3c.  I'd like to propose that zorg become the name
> space package for otherwise homeless modules/packages.
>
> (In fairness, I'll note that Stephan likes z3c better, and that name is
> already in semi-wide-spread use).

+1 to zorg, for various reasons:

It's pronouncable. People can say zorg, and it's less syllables than z3c
if you manage to pronounce the latter.

It's cute:

* zorg sounds like an evil alien emperor

   "EXTERMINATE THEM!"

   "Yes emperor Zorg, immediately!"

* zorg sounds like a very biological species of alien: Swarms of zergs,
I mean, zorgs, completely overwhelmed the Terran command post.

* zorg is actually a common word in Dutch. It means "care", and can be
used in contects like healthcare. Steve Alexander saw a van here with
the word "zorg" once and was highly amused.

Regards,

Martijn