[Zope3-Users] Re: Server Side includes

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Tue Aug 29 16:05:20 EDT 2006

Jon Emmons wrote:
> In Zope 2 I could do something like <dtml-var header.html> to include a
> common header file.

That's DTML. We don't really use DTML anymore, not even on Zope 2. Read
up on Zope Page Templates (ZPT).

Check http://worldcookery.com/Appetizers.

> Have I stepped over the bleeding edge here?  Would I be better off
> stepping back to a 2.xx version of Zope?

Perhaps. It depends on what you want to do. Zope 3 has a more Pythonic
approach to developing web applications: Python packages, file system,
etc. Zope 2 is "easier" in the sense that you can do through-the-web
development/scripting. Zope 3 doesn't really have that.

Philipp