[Zope3-Users] Periodically refresh RSS feeds

Mon Dec 18 17:35:56 EST 2006

Hello,
I have the following situation:

An object represents an RSS feed. It should be updated like every 20 minutes.
If there is something new a Jabber message should be send out.

Currently I have it implemented with an scheduler loop that emits an
refreshRSSFeed event evey 20 minutes. My problem is that a handler for an
event must be a static function, but I want a handler function to be called
as a member of every instantiated RSS feed object.

Another idea I have:
Implement an utility where the RSS feeds could register a function that is
called every 20 minutes.
Another way would be that this utility takes an URL and monitors the URL for
changes and only notifies the RSS Feed object in case of a change.

How would you do that?

Thanks,

Florian