[Zope3-Users] Zope SVN

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Fri Dec 22 13:13:52 EST 2006

I noticed differences in package structures in the zope repository while
trying to automate a couple of repository tasks. I have worked around
these already (and don't know if it really matters to anyone else). If
it does, I thought I ought to communicate these - but not sure if this
is the right place to discuss this.

A second issue I noticed is checking out dotted namespace folder on my
Mac. I have been following some well established z3 patterns and package
structures. What I have discovered in checking out a hierarchy from svn,
folders with dotted names with .app and .menu will have Mac thinking
they are part of a native Mac application. Needless to say, one doesn't
normally need to check out a hierarchy - but it had me wondering if
consideration ought be given to renaming the dotted folders to include
an underscore ie. ( zope.app_ or namespace.menu_) to potentially avoid
the Mac issue.

I had two issues using pysvn to export sources that resulted in an error
of 'inconsistent newlines Code: 00020f58'.

http://svn.zope.org/Zope3/trunk/src/zope/i18n/locales/data/hi.xml
http://svn.zope.org/zc.selenium/trunk/src/zc/selenium/resources/iedoc.xml

I will have to look into this further to see if a setting in pysvn can
correct this. Many thanks.

Regards,
David

Some differences in Zope SVN package structures:

zope packages
-------------
Typical zope package structured as follows:
pattern: namespace.package/trunk/src/namespace/package

zope.paste
pattern: namespace.package/trunk/namespace/package

zope.timestamp
pattern: namespace.package/trunk/src/namespace

zope.webdev
pattern: namespace.package/trunk

zc packages
-----------
Typically zc package structured as follows:
pattern: namespace.package/trunk/src/namespace/package

zc.multiform
pattern: namespace.package/branches/dev/src/namespace/package
(no trunk for package)

zc recipe packages
------------------
Typical zc.recipe package structured as follows:
pattern: zc.recipe.package/trunk/src/zc/recipe/package

zc.recipe.cmmi
zc.recipe.filestorage
pattern: zc.recipe.package/trunk/zc/recipe/package

zc.recipe.deployment
pattern: zc.recipe.package/trunk/src/zc/recipe

zc.recipe.zeo
pattern: namespace.package/branches/dev/src/zc/recipe/package
(no trunk for package)

z3c packages

z3c.multiform
pattern: namespace.package/Sandbox/src/namespace/package

z3c.zodbbrowser
pattern: namespace.package/sandbox/src/namespace/package