[Zope3-Users] New User: Zope 2, or Zope 3?

Egon Frerich e.frerich at nord-com.net
Wed Feb 8 18:32:13 EST 2006

Hi,

there are two books, one from Philipp von Weitershausen, the other from
Stephan Richter.

You may have a look at
http://www.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/ProgrammerTutorial
http://www.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/FrontPage/Zope3Book
http://www.benjiyork.com/quick_start/

Egon

Chris Cogdon schrieb am 09.02.2006 00:05:

> Hi folks! I'm starting work on a from-scratch web application, and I'd
> like to use this as a first-time-application using Zope.
>
> (Actually, this is not really the first time... but my previous was
> something really simple way back in the Zope 1 days, so... just pretend
> this is first-time).
>
> I'm trying to get started quickly (of course), and want to do it reading
> as much documentation as possible, without depending on you fine folk
> too much for help. From my research it seems that there's a bunch of
> documentation and tutorials geared around Zope 2, but not anywhere near
> as much for Zope 3, and Zope 3 seems a vastly different beast than '2'.
>
> So, my question is... should I stick with Zope 2 for the moment (with
> its plethora of documentation), or dive right into Zope 3 and battle it
> out (and depend more on the community for any lack of documentation)? In
> particular, I DO want a decent tutorial to work through to get me
> started (and I cant find one of any depth at all for Zope 3).
>
> Or... can I use the Zope 2 tutorials to work through Zope 3 ??
>
> My background: I'm a seasoned python developer, and have written my own
> web-frameworks for various applications. This time I want to use
> something more 'mainstream' so other developers on the project have
> something 'familiar' to work with, or at least something that will be
> useful to learn. The application will need to connect to a PostgreSQL
> database, and would like some simple authentication plugins so end-users
> of the application can create accounts, log in, and have data restricted
> based on logins. Nothing much more fancy than that.
>

> Thanks kindly for your consideration!

- --
Egon Frerich, Freudenbergstr. 16, 28213 Bremen

E-Mail: e.frerich at nord-com.net