[Zope3-Users] Re: [Zope] Debugging doctests

Benji York benji at zope.com
Thu Feb 23 14:36:00 EST 2006

Chris McDonough wrote:
> A non-sequitur:  For truly standalone packages, I suspect that people
> expect some form of non-executable narrative documentation to be
> included that ties the continued use of the package together with its
> implementation.

Yep.  I've done a bit of work on prototyping something to make that sort
of documentation testable, but it's only a hack at this point.

> I suppose this is really a packaging issue, but it would be nice if
> more packages in the zope namespace package were treated as "islands"
> like this that could be installed separately from Zope proper.

There seems to be a trend forming to that effect.  I hope it continues.
  FWIW, Jim really likes the idea.

[removed zope at zope.org from the cross-posting, how'd that get in there?]
--
Benji York