[Zope3-Users] zodb objects backup

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Feb 27 15:04:10 EST 2006

Shaun Cutts wrote:
> So far so good, modulo the replication issue. (We don't have much
> funding yet... but if initial launch goes well, we're hopeful :)).

As people have mentioned, you can use repozo to get almost the same
effect. Either that or do app-level replication ;-)

> It would be very nice if there were a faq or other doc addressing all of
> these scalability-related questions systematically for someone like me
> who understands what a relational database is doing for them (in return
> for squashing all their objects). It seems I'm not the only one with
> these concerns. :)

Welcome to Open Source, we look forward to seeing your newly-written faq
as it becomes available online ;-)

> In the meantime, I had an idea about my current implementation: maybe
> instead of __getstate__ and __setstate__ I should put the external data
> in _v_data (marking as "volatile"). Then I could trap for its existence,
> and load if necessary; and also have an explicit "refresh" wired to a
> button in the GUI.

Yup, this is exactly what _v_ was designed for...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk