[Zope3-Users] introductory app idea: music filesystem browser

Adam Summers adam at 4js.com.au
Tue Feb 28 23:32:10 EST 2006

Hi,

I'll happily work with people to do some work on a simple calendar tool,
provided that there are 1-2 people who are willing to also put some work
in on it -- and others are willing to crtique it.

Why the calendar of all these. Here are the main reasons (I started with
2 reasons, it grew):

    1) The business logic is more involved than simple validation, which
is what I see in the examples supplied.

    2) Appointments change! Unlike photos, filesystem browsers &c. This
means we need update logic -- which is lacking from hello world examples.

    3) A calendar is something concrete which someone can easily
understand the underlying data models

    4) Some interesting but useful views can be produced (eg, PDF views,
excel listings, iCal views, RSS representations (?) )

    5) It is something I would find useful, and hopefully others would
too. The best thing about examples is when they are real world examples
that are used.

Would anyone like to work with me on this?

Regards,
Adam