[Zope3-Users] Re: How come no IView?

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Sun Jan 1 23:48:50 EST 2006

Chris McDonough wrote:
> It will probably not comfort you that the concept of a "view" (at  least
> by that name) is going to disappear sometime post-3.2.

Views as a separate concept have already been gone since Zope 3.1. It
was only Zope X3 3.0 that had them as separate components in a separate
registry.

zapi.getView has been deprecated indeed, one should use
zapi.getMultiAdapter. That doesn't mean we can't call the thing we get a
"view" anymore. The component architecture just doesn't know it as a
separate concept.

Philipp