[Zope3-Users] Re: Tagging content

Tim Hicks tim at sitefusion.co.uk
Sun Jan 8 13:25:16 EST 2006

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:

> I would use annotations to store the tags. That way you can tag any
> object you'd like. Using IDublinCore's keywords would even be possible.
> Then, to find objects with a certain tag, use the catalog. The field
> index knows how to adapt objects to a certain interface before indexing,
> for example. Yes, this would make deleting a tag more expensive, but how
> often does that happen anyways?

If you use IDublinCore keywords, then presumably you are just giving that
existing functionality a different 'buzzname'.  To do tagging properly,
don't you need to have it work on a per-user basis, so that different site
members can tag with different words?

Or am I still not really understanding the tag buzz yet?

Tim