[Zope3-Users] [Zope3] Beginner looking for help...

Thierry FLORAC tflorac at ulthar.net
Wed Jan 11 15:34:03 EST 2006

  Hi,

I'm a french Zope2 developer (sorry for my poor English !) for more than
three years now, having built several "quite-huge content-management"
applications, and I just started to have a look at Zope3 (no development
done yet).
I started my Zope3 introduction by reading Stephan's "Zope3 Developer's
Handbook", took a quick look at "WorldCookery" samples (but didn't
bought the book yet), downloaded latest Zope 3.2 release and Zope3 SVN
source repository, and now I have many questions...

Principally :
 - is there any "conception strategy" associated with Zope3 ?
 - is there any place where I could find good and small applications
samples or tutorials, notably about viewlets ?
 - I've understood that a Zope2 application is absolutely incompatible
with Zope3, but is there any way and/or strategy to convert a Zope2
application and it's database to Zope3 ?
 - I'm currently looking for the equivalent of Zope2 "ExtFile" product.
Before re-inventing the wheel, did anybody worked on an equivalent
solution for Zope3 ?
 - I need to work with RDBMS and looked quickly at SQLObject/SQLOS. Is
this the best choice to work with relational databases in Zope3 ?
 - did anybody compare Zope2 and Zope3 performances for a given
application, as well as Zope3 "ZServer" and "Twisted" servers ?

Many thanks for any advise, any link or any help,

  Thierry

--
pub  1024D/2C0BF19E 2002-02-18 Thierry FLORAC <tflorac at ulthar.net>
     Key fingerprint = DDAB A10C F149 8B95 A954  BBC0 9106 C19F 2C0B F19E

believed to be clean.