[Zope3-Users] More MySQL

Wade Leftwich wade at leftwich.us
Thu Jan 12 09:31:03 EST 2006

David Johnson wrote:
> Thanks to everyone for the MySQL assistance.  We use Debian and I just
> installed the python-mysqlda (seems obvious in retrospect).
>

> In any case, after I install the python adapater, I get the following
> when starting zope:
>

> ConfigurationError: ('Invalid value for', 'menu', "ImportError: Couldn't
> import add_connection, No module named add_connection")

David,

I'm pretty sure the Debian python-mysqlda package is specific to Zope 2.

I use Ubuntu (derived from Debian), and while I appreciate Brian
Sutherland's fine work to provide a Debian package for Zope 3, I have
found it quite easy to download  the Zope 3 source from zope.org, build
it and install it in its own directory. If you do that, you will have an
installation like that of most everybody on this list, so good advice
will be easier to come by.

It's been a few months since I played with MySQL in Zope 3, but it did work.

-- Wade Leftwich