[Zope3-Users] More MySQL

Jim Washington jwashin at vt.edu
Thu Jan 12 09:54:14 EST 2006

David Johnson wrote:

> Thanks to everyone for the MySQL assistance.  We use Debian and I just
> installed the python-mysqlda (seems obvious in retrospect).
>

> In any case, after I install the python adapater, I get the following
> when starting zope:
>

> ConfigurationError: ('Invalid value for', 'menu', "ImportError:
> Couldn't import add_connection, No module named add_connection")

I think there used to be an "add_connection" menu provided by
zope.app.rdb, and I imagine it had a purpose for ttw development.  It's
gone as of Zope 3.2 (maybe earlier), so what has worked for me is
commenting-out or removing the configuration in mysqldbda/configure.zcml:

<!-- Menu entry for "add connection" menu -->
<!--  <browser:menuItem
      menu="add_connection"
      for="zope.app.container.interfaces.IAdding"
      title="MySQL DA"
      description="A MySQL Database Adapter"
      action="AddMySQLdbDA"
      />-->

BTW, psycopgda has a similar configuration entry, and might need the
same fix.

-Jim Washington