[Zope3-Users] Re: Zope 3 Capacities

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Sun Jan 22 11:37:10 EST 2006

On Sunday 22 January 2006 11:11, David Johnson wrote:
> I think we will probably proceed on trying to make a MySQL adapter that can
> replace GadFly -- hopefully possible and not TOO much work.  I think that
> and a better SQL container (maybe sqlos) would solve our issues, as well as
> be a great benefit to Zope.

What are you talking about? Gadfly is not meant to be used in production ever;
it's a toy RDB system with SQL support built in Python. It is a sample RDB
that we provide to test our RDB framework.

Zope 3 has a MySQL and PostGreSQL adapter that are at least somewhat
maintained:

http://svn.zope.org/mysqldbda/trunk/
http://svn.zope.org/psycopgda/trunk/

Note that the ZODB does *not* use those adapters to store data. Packages like
sqlos (as you mentioned) are used to hook into the Zope 3 to provide objects
that are populated from RDB data rows.

Regards,
Stephan
--