[Zope3-Users] Hook into edit-form post

Siddhartha Azad sid_docs at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 9 13:05:47 EDT 2006

Hi,
I have the following lines in my configure.zcml to add
a content object "SidPage":

<browser:editform
        schema="sidsite.ISidPage.ISidPage"
	label="Edit"
	name="edit.html"
	menu="zmi_views" title="Edit a SidPage"
	permission="zope.ManageContent"/>

When I click on an existing "SidPage" on the ZMI, it
takes me to a form where I have Refresh or Change, and
since a SidPage is Persistent, it saves the value into
ZODB.

My question is, what if I wanna do some intermediate
processing onto the values for ISidPage attribs that
the user entered into the form, before saving them? Is
there a way to provide a python class or a ZPT as a
hook when the actual post on these auto-generated
forms is done?

Thanks, Sid.