[Zope3-Users] Security alert: use of Through-the-Web reStructuredText

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Jul 18 15:10:31 EDT 2006

On Jul 18, 2006, at 2:55 PM, David Pratt wrote:

> Hi Jim. I was noticing a 0.4.0-zope in distutils

I don't know what you mean by this.

> that looks patched with  NotImplementedErrors for the offending
> code in docutils.parsers.rst.directives.misc.  Can you when this
> will land in the Zope3 trunk?

If you mean patching the docutils, then as far as I'm concerned, it
will never land in the Zope 3 trunk.

The right solution to this problem is to write applications that use
docutils correctly, not to patch docutils.

I can understand why this solution was used for Zope 2, at least in
the short run.  I don't think it's a good long-ter solution.

Jim

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org