[Zope3-Users] adding indexes in a __init__ method

Darryl Cousins darryl at darrylcousins.net.nz
Tue Jul 25 06:38:32 EDT 2006

Hi Lorenzo,

I got this test to work::

    >>> class TestField(Persistent):
    ...     pass

    >>> class TestCase(Persistent):
    ...     def __init__(self):
    ...         self.fieldkey = KeyReferenceToPersistent(TestField())

    >>> t = TestCase()
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    NotYet:...

    >>> class TestCaseTwo(Persistent):
    ...     def __init__(self):
    ...         self.field = TestField()
    ...     def initfield(self):
    ...         self.fieldkey = KeyReferenceToPersistent(self.field)
    ...         del(self.field)

    >>> t = TestCaseTwo()
    >>> tc = root['t'] = t

    >>> transaction.commit()
    >>> tc.initfield()
    >>> print tc.field
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    AttributeError:...

(Set up for test is shown in

Which would mean that if you created the FieldIndex in __init__ and the
catalog[key] part in the initialization handler then it should work.

I put the del(self.field) bit in as a test in case you don't want that
attribute unecessarily hanging around.

Hope **that** helps.

Regards,
Darryl