[Zope3-Users] Re: Total n00b to zope3 and apache.

Steve Juranich sjuranic at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 13:57:14 EDT 2006

Helmut Merz wrote:

> Am Donnerstag, 27. Juli 2006 21:46 schrieb Steve Juranich:
>
>> Judging from what I've found in my scrounging around the
>> internet, I cooked up the following chunk of httpd.conf:
>
> This:
>
>> NameVirtualHost localhost:8080 # The ZServer process's port
>> <VirtualHost localhost:8080>
>
> should be:
>
>   NameVirtualHost localhost:8000 # The Apache process's port
>   <VirtualHost localhost:8000>
>
> HTH
>
> Helmut

Well, I followed everybody's suggestions.  I think I'm getting closer, but
I'm not quite there.  Here's the current relevant section of my httpd.conf
file:

NameVirtualHost localhost:8000
<VirtualHost localhost:8000>
    Servername localhost
    ErrorLog var/apache2/log/zope.log
    CustomLog var/apache2/log/zope.log common
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteLog var/apache2/log/rewrites.log
    RewriteLogLevel 0
    RewriteRule ^/zope(/?.*) http://127.0.0.1:8080/++vh++\
http:%{SERVER_NAME}:8000/zope/++$1 [P,L]
</VirtualHost>

Now when I visit localhost:8000/zope, I'm at least getting some error
messages in apache's error_log that /path/to/htdocs/zope doesn't exist.
Again, I'm totally new at this, so I'm just pulling stuff out of the air,
but would it help if I set up some kind of <Location /zope> block in
httpd.conf (like I do to get trac working)?  I don't know at all, I'm just
tossing the idea out there.

Any additional help is greatly appreciated.

--
Steve Juranich
Tucson, AZ